SWG Question.

Jul 20, 2011
Maryland
Hello everyone!

I have Jandy Aqualink RS system with AquaPure APURE1400 SWG.
My question is when does SWG makes chlorine during pump cycle?
In other words, my pump is programmed and runs 13 hrs daily (7am-8pm).
AquaPure is set to 30% chlorine production out of that 13 hrs. But when, during those 13 hrs cycle, does it generate chlorine? Does it do it in several intervals or as soon as the pump starts at 7am? And what happens when pump stopped manually and then re-started, does the SWG start over with 30%?

Please help me understand.

The SWG unit I own seems to makes chlorine as soon as the units control box is powered on.
Once the units control box is powered off (regardless if it's automatic or manual) it stops making chlorine.
But I don't watch it every day to know if it's on or off in intervals.

I've noticed it does not make it while it's testing levels.

I believe most SWG's will resume production at the last % it was set to.

There are a couple of different ways it can work, but the most common approach is that the SWG is on for the percentage set on the control panel minutes out of every 100 minutes. Most brands remember where they were in the cycle and simply pick up where they left off. The length of the cycle also varies somewhat from brand to brand, an hour, 100 minutes, two hours, and so on.

There are just a few models that run the entire time the pump is on and vary their output, but that is really quite rare.

marik08 said:
My question is when does SWG makes chlorine during pump cycle?

Please help me understand.

I have spent a fair amount of time fiddling with my Jandy 1400. The % I believe is roughly how long out of an hour or maybe 100 minutes the unit produces chlorine. If you watch the LED lights, it will give you an idea. When the pump first turns on, the Jandy waits a bit before it starts producing chlorin (green flow light, green cell on light). If you check back after awhile, sometime the "cell resting light" is on or the "cell reversing" light is on. Basically I think when the green "cell on" light is lit, it is producing chlorine. I have my unit set at 75% and run it for 5 hours a day. The "cell on" light is on alot, but some of the time the "cell resting" light is on.

Hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.