May 13, 2009
Mn
Ok just got my test kit. Checking water and the first tests were going well.
borate 30
Ph 7.5
Tc 5
Cya less than 20...not sure where it is going. Using pucks and have already added 3lbs. Have another pound dissolving.

But my TA test was 300. Could that really be possible? Pool store had me at 195 yesterday down from 240.

I did add 10 1" pucks after pool store visit and a pound of borax since that seems to be disaapearing too. They had my borate at 80 but I knew that was not possible since it was 30 two days before. I used 5lbs of dry acid to reduce the 7.8 ph and TA yesterday.

Thanks for the help. BBB has been working so far, just the TA I can't handle.

It is hot and I know some of my chemicals could be lost to backwashing, but would that raise TA?

With brand new reagent, the TA test is often skewed by static electricity producing drops that are too small as you count the R-0009.

If you take a damp cloth and wipe the dropper tip every few drops, the issue goes away. I'm not saying for sure that is the issue but it sounds like it. That static usually goes away in a couple of weeks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.