Hayward-S220T-22-Inch-Vari-Flo-Top-Mount

Jul 14, 2011
hey guys a lady here where i live has this and its unopend still in the box she wants 165.00. the link below is the filter and i was thinking about that pump they put with it what do you guys think is this a good system?
http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-S220T-22- ... B000EXWL46

i was going to buy one of those intex 2650 1hp next year for my 24ft intex but i want whats going to last and proform... so with that hayward setup costing around 450-500 compared to the intex 2650 at 245.00 which way should i go?

Bama Rambler said:
At $165 it's a steal. I'd jump on it.
really that's what i was thinking so you think that would be far better then the 2650 intex? just want to get the best and what's going to keep it the cleanest. Rambler you have a lot of knowledge of pools would that pump amazon has packaged with the filter be a good one or would you recommend one form me. price rang 375.00 and lower.

Bama Rambler said:
The Amazon deal is a good one and a good unit.

If you buy the filter for $165 and a new 1/2 or 3/4 hp pump you'd have a great setup.
really 1/2 or 3/4 i thought the more hp is better, i thought 1 hp was a min for a 24ft pool. so all i would need is 1/2-3/4 or should should i go for a 1 hp to 1 1/2 hp.
thanks by the way bama ur being a great help

I've got an S-244 (one size up from the S-220) with a 1 HP Hayward Super Pump on my 36K gal pool. It runs 24 hours a day and turns over the pool water about 3 times. With your pool, a 1 HP pump would probably get 3 cycles in much less than 24 hours. A 1/2 or 3/4 HP pump should easily give you the circulation you need.

Good luck!

The pool places have propagated the belief that bigger is better in pumps but it's not. A 1/2 hp pump is big enough for a pretty big pool unless you have a water feature that requires a huge amount of flow. In filters, bigger is better to a point, but not in pumps.

wow didnt know that so ill save money on cost along with the cost to have it running. anyone have any idea of a good pump to go with this filter? waiting on lady to call me now to come pick it up...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.