Stinkyfish

Stinkyfish

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 9, 2007
Bellflower Ca
Hello everyone and Happy New Year. Don't let the name scare you. I like to fish and I also have a saltwater aquairium at home. I'm tired of getting getting told I need something new to put in my pool everytime I go to the pool store. I ordered the TF test kit and it should arrive soon. Thank you for a great site. Don

Stinkyfish said:
Hello everyone and Happy New Year. Don't let the name scare you. I like to fish and I also have a saltwater aquairium at home. I'm tired of getting getting told I need something new to put in my pool everytime I go to the pool store. I ordered the TF test kit and it should arrive soon. Thank you for a great site. Don

Hi Don, welcome to the forum. You are on track to making your pool care simpler. With the test kit and a little understanding, you'll KNOW what your pool needs and why it needs it. You'll probably pay for the kit in savings in the first 6 months, and you'll spend less time taking care of the pool.

If you have a salt aquarium then water testing should not be a problem for you (been keeping salt and reef tanks since the '70s myself). In fact, almost all of the tests are identical (pH, CH, TA--which is called carbonate hardness in aquarium testing).

As soon as the kit arrives post a set of test results so we can pick them apart! ;)