Intex 633t pump and filter question

Jul 11, 2011
Okay, I have the intex 633t pump and it works great. It has awesome pressure as well as suction. My question is as follows, how long should the filters last? This pump uses the "B" filters and they are lasting a day at the most.

We previously had a 635 pump and it was terrible so we bought this bigger pump. The "A" filters seemed to last more then a week but for some reason these bigger filters don't last at all.

If I pull the filter out and spray it off really good it will last for the rest of the day. I can tell it's the filter because I will go out to check the pressure of the pump and it is way down so I will pull the filter out and clean it or replace it and the pump works great again, but after a few hours of the pump working really well it will start really struggling again, If I replace the filter then the pump starts working great again.

Obviously at $10 a filter I can't replace it every day.

Thanks

jakecarey said:
Okay, I have the intex 633t pump and it works great. It has awesome pressure as well as suction. My question is as follows, how long should the filters last? This pump uses the "B" filters and they are lasting a day at the most.

We previously had a 635 pump and it was terrible so we bought this bigger pump. The "A" filters seemed to last more then a week but for some reason these bigger filters don't last at all.

If I pull the filter out and spray it off really good it will last for the rest of the day. I can tell it's the filter because I will go out to check the pressure of the pump and it is way down so I will pull the filter out and clean it or replace it and the pump works great again, but after a few hours of the pump working really well it will start really struggling again, If I replace the filter then the pump starts working great again.

Obviously at $10 a filter I can't replace it every day.

Thanks
We are having the same problem. Only had this pump 3 weeks.

Update: bought a new 633 pump, unfortunately it didn't work well either. I finally figured out that the strainer, behind the skimmer basket hose that is attached to the side of the pool, was completely clogged with hair and trash. I cleaned that off and now it pumps like a champ. New problem, the pool ring got a hole in it, deflated, and caused the pool to completely drain over night. Problem fixed and it is refilling right now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.