Leslie screwed me out of 2.5%

Nightmare

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 21, 2011
Riverside, CA
I needed a couple more gallons of chlorine for the LQ today. I figured I would stop by another store and get a sample of water tested at the same time.

I listened as the guy told a customer ahead of me that the Wal* shock was less concentrated than the stuff he was selling them...

I picked up 4 gallons of liquid chlorine and check out this receipt. It actually shows a range for the chlorine concentration. He gave me the 10% stuff. I asked if they had any 12% and he said that 10% is about as strong as it gets :hammer:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    209.3 KB · Views: 100
My understanding of LC is that it's 14% at the factory but degrades to 10% - 12.5% during transit and storage.

I've tested the LC I buy in 5 gal carboys using several dilutions and came up with with an average over several tests of 11%. When I calculate the amount of chlorine to add to my pool I use 10% as a parameter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.