Baja deck returns

ABQ_Pool

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 31, 2011
Chandler, AZ
We are installing a "baja deck" approximately 8' x 8' and ~8" deep on our IG pool. We have two returns plumbed that are facing up (the sky) on the baja deck. I had assumed we would just put the standard returns there to have water bubble up or spray out of the water (similar to http://www.aquaticcreationsnc.com/lib/img/custom/500x375/custom_bubblers_1279_500x375.jpg) depending on the valve setting.

The PB was saying that the standard return with they eyeball nozzle would stick up a bit and might be a trip hazard. I didn't think it would be an issue but is there some special product to purchase for a baja deck floor return? He mentioned that there was a brass flush mount fountain item that he could intall (for extra $$). We had planned to put chairs down on the deck so I'm wondering if that would be an issue with breaking the plastic eyeball nozzle. Any ideas on this?

Thanks!

It seems like from what I've been reading that the regular return nozzle is the cheapest way to go - it will still provide the bubbling effect that we want, match all the other returns and will be easy to replace if anything happens. Can they recess or flush mount the returns or are they manufactured where they sit out 3/8"-1/2"?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.