The Top 10 Reasons to do your own pool maintenance...

Mine are a bit 'tounge in cheek' but here goes:

10. You become a more responsible person because if the pool turns green you have no one to blame but yourself.
9. You have a valid excuse to walk around in your back yard in speedos even if you don't have the body for it!!
8. You gain a "reputation" in the neighborhood as an illicit drug lab because of the all empty bleach jugs and baking soda boxes in your trash!
7. It gets you out of household chores you don't like to do because you can say to your spouse "Hon, please take out the trash, I need to test the pool!"
6. You have the satisfaction of walking into a pool store and telling the pool store guy what YOU need and not the other way around.
5. You have the satisfaction of walking out of a pool store with just a container of CYA and a backwash hose and nothing else!
4. You become the envy of your pool owning neighbors when you have the only pool that doesn't turn green all summer. This is worth all the times they flatten your car tires!
3. You get to play with a neat 'chemistry set' each time you test your water.
2. You become popular at parties because everyone wants to know why your pool always looks so good.

and finally:

1. You become unpopular at parties when you tell everyone that you use bleach in your pool to keep it looking good. This is when your neighbors are SURE that you are running an illicit drug lab because they know you must be smoking SOMETHING or your wouldn't be putting bleach in your pool!

because my wife thought the pool guy was hot.

because i did not pay attention much in chemistry and want to learn

because i had to put a morgage on the house just to pay for the stuff the pool store was selling me

i wanted to save some of my outdoor landscape since the pool guy kept running in to stuff in my driveway.

the pool guy kept drinking all my beer

i wanted a "clean" pool.

I was worried about his rash not clearing up

I saw him driving around in a Porshe off duty

He said the reason the water is green is because I left my colorlogic lights too long on the green color.

My wife kept yelling out his name in her sleep

The kids started to call him daddy

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Because I left to go fishing one morning and it started to storm. I came back to bed and said its raining to my wife, she said thats ok you dont have to clean the pool today , my husband will do it when he gets home.

1. Fire the pool boy? Wha??? sorry, but DH is staying! :whoot:

2. Because we are retarded, ........I mean retired. :oops:

3. Because pool stored pools turn green. :shock: (Imagine that)

4. Because we are cheap. :)

5. Why should we pay $50 for something we can do in 5 minutes?..... On yea, we are cheap :wink:

6. Because we can!!!! :-D

7. Because we know B, B & B... :party:

8. Who needs 'em,....we got TroubleFreePools.com!! :salut:

later,

Joyce

Fifty dollars, if that was really his price then I would feel a little differently about him. I was charged $110 for him just to come out, then what ever else for chemicals and parts needed (which always seemed to break when he was here, funny my mechanic is the same way.)

divnkd101 said:
POOL MAINTENANCE?????? I thought that Automatic Floor sweeper, Automatic Chlorine Generator, automated system with built in timers would maintain the pool. My Pool Builder never mentioned Maintenance......

LOL!!!!! A greater truth was never spoken!!!!!!! :goodjob:

I LOVE all the responses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sean, if you can't get 10 out of them, re-read them -- I'm sitting here laughing beer onto my screen :lol:)

OK, here's my contributions:

Because the pool dude is [edited by SeanB]

My wife spends so much on QVC I had to take care of the pool myself

It's just water, how hard can it be to take care of?

I wouldn't EVER let Waste into my backyard :p

I stopped drinking, so he stopped coming. :scratch:

He uses strips to test :pukel:

With a cya of 200+, I figured nothing I did would hurt the pool as much
(alternately)
I figured, the way my pool looks, I couldn't do any worse.

I'm tired of those infections that plague my family after they use the pool :!:

Time to 'step to the plate' and take my pool into my own hands :evil:

I know more about my pool than he does!

My monthly pool maintenance is getting real close to my mortgage

$500/ month JUST ISN'T WORTH IT for algae :x

................ and the #1 reason

I discovered Trouble Free Pools.com

Ooooo, Sean you have now made this a multiple choice guessing game!!!!

The pool dude is:

A) a canibal
B) an alcoholic, one armed blind guy with a grudge and favors liberal use of muriatic acid
C) that guy who jokes and says he is an escapee from an institution for the criminally insane, then says "No, really."
D) your daughter's friend who just ordered a tatoo gun from Ebay and whom she also just finished a phone coversation with that included lots of giggling, the words "practice" and "you first"
E) that really weird guy who smells like cabbage, has an eye twitch and a green rash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.