numerous-filter, main drain, liner, etc

TerriS

Jul 17, 2008
Edmore, MI
Hello,
IT's been 3 years since I have posted. I have been trudging along...as the pool is low in my priority list of chores on the farm. Pool is going on 10 years old (was with the house when purchased 6 years ago. Currently still very dirty from not being covered over winter. I have numerous problems and questions and apologize for being lumped together.

1. Liner is torn badly in several places and will need to be replaced unless there is some big miracle patches available. We do not have the money to do this in which case pool will probably be filled in. How to go about replacing liner?

2. How do I replace the gauge on my filter? I have seen posts about getting new ones but not how to actually replace. I'm sure I missed it.

3. main drain/com pool PTV-1T and how it is used. Main drain appears to be working. 2 openings at bottom of skimmer/2 lines to pump, cover in skimmer can go over opening from skimmer,but not other which appears to be filled with sand.

Thank you so much! :-D

You can attempt to patch the liner and see if it holds. This thread has some good advice on how to patch a liner.

The pressure gauge should just screw in and out. They are simple to replace. I'm not sure about the main drain issue, but someone will be along who can help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.