Pump Setup

May 9, 2011
Hey guys. New pool owner and having great success with BBB method. Have determined that I need to do an AA treatment for iron stains. One of the steps is to put your equipment in circulate mode (bypass the filter). I can't figure out how to do that with my equipment and was hoping someone could help.

Here are a few pics with the parts I've figured out labelled (so much I still don't know!). I know those bushes are a problem and they are on the list for removal. Can this system be put in circulate-only? And what is that water valve used for??

Thanks for your help!
Craig

IMG_1400.JPG

IMG_1401.JPG

IMG_1402.JPG

You have a push/pull main valve, which can only be set to filter or backwash.

The "I can't see the front of this valve" valve appears to select between two different pipes going into the ground. One is labeled "to pool". The only way to find out what the other one is, is to experiment.

Thanks. I'll keep my fingers crossed that AA treatment with filter involved won't go poorly.

I think the "valve i can't" see selects between spa and pool for return. I also noticed I put the Spa Bubbler label in the wrong place. Its actually on the far side of the valve.

Any idea what that water spicket is for?

Thanks,
Craig

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.