I don't want to be under construction but...

Aug 3, 2010
San Diego
So I kept filling up my pool to the level I normally keep it at and with in a day it was low. When this started it was a little hot but I did not think evaporation could be doing that much damage to my water bill.

Well look what I found. That water level returns to below the crack with in 24 hours of filling.

I am banking on the wealth of knowledge on this site to point me in the right direction.
How can I fix this?

85bbe5c7.jpg

722bef6f.jpg

2b07b285.jpg

The skimmer on my old AG was almost that bad. I used an entire industrial size JB Weld (comes in the box, not the blister pack) and ended up resurfacing almost the entire inside. It held that way for a year and a half and was still holding when I ripped out the pool. Looks like you need a new skimmer though.

The hose is for my pool sweep. the set up sucks but it is the only way to get my sweep to work.

pool was built in the 70's redone in the past 10 years but they decided not to replace the skimmer for some reason.

Looks like I will be making a trip to the home depot to pick up some epoxy.

Now when it comes time to replace the skimmer what does that entail? I assume chipping out the plastic and gluing a new one in its place?

Any one ever done this that can shed some light on the process?

Thanks for the feedback people

I have not replaced an inground skimmer, but the ones I've seen documented here cut out a square of concrete surrounding the skimmer. You have to do that so you can connect it to the pool plumbing and the odds of finding a skimmer the exact same size are slim.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.