long can it take to clear up

Jul 9, 2011
After i have been keeping pool in shock level for 4-5 days water had cleared some but still cloudy,at lease it's not green.how long can this take before seeing bottom? I know it's probably not a certain number but any idea's. here my lastest num.
FC-35
PH-7.4
TA- 200-220
Cal. hard.-300
been running pump 24 hrs.

As long as you're maintaining, probably about the time you're completely out of POP (pool owner patience) and ready to give up :~}

Go look at the other green to sparkly threads from the past couple months. The sagas and images will give you the POP you need. These pools just "turn" one day or night and surprise the owner.

Keep the faith, maintain shock level. It will happen. It always does.

Were you using the 25ml sample and counting each drop as .5ppm?

If so, then you should be able to convert yesterday's test results. You said 35ppm, so that means you added 70 drops?

70 x .2 = 14ppm

And that explains why it's all but gone today. You were 2ppm under shock. CC looks good today though so it's probably only a minor setback. I would bet your pool will start behaving very soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.