Valve Actuator - UK?

That is what I had in mind when I posted solenoid valve, I haven't personally tried it but the nice people at City irrigation are 10 mins up the road from me so I have spoken to them about utilising the valves.
Give it a try..

Finally got around to testing the 2 port irrigation valve, and as a valve it works fine...

However, I have plumbed it so that when it is open it "shorts" the solar heater feed and return pipework.

Unfortunately I only get a small flow rate through the valve when open. The path of least resistance is actually through the solar heater and back to the pool return.

To do properly I need two 2 port valves, with the opening of the flow through the solar heater synchronised with the closing of the valve for the solar bypass. This would not be safe as a malfunction in the opening valve would stop the water flow completely.

So back to square one and trying to get a 1.5" three port diverter valve with an actuator for a reasonable cost. Anyone like to give me a price for US shipping to UK?

thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
To update this thread in case anyone else in the UK is looking for a 3 way valve.

I ordered a Jandy Neverlube 3 way valve from a US ebay seller who had reasonable shipping charges to UK.

I ordered an Intermatic valve actuator from a seller on Amazon.com (not amazon.co.uk). Again the shipping charges were reasonable.

I already had a 24 VAC transformer I could use, but these are readily available on ebay as CCTV power supplies.

All now installed and working well.

One issue - UK pool pipe is normally ABS, however the Jandy valve is CPVC. The instructions state to only use "universal" glue and solvent. I couldn't find this anywhere online in the UK, so I ended up taking the risk and using normal cleaner, and normal Weld-On 725 glue. These do NOT say they are compatible with CPVC. However the joints appear solid, and do not leak. I'll update this thread if that changes!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.