Where to purchase TF-101 test kits in Canada

have you found a place in the states where you can just walk in a purchase the kit?

i'm having a REALLY hard time justifying the $150 for an inferior kit too...

looked at myus dotcom but not sure if they'd ship it --- chemicals...

just putting a big algae attack behind me (hopefully) and could have REALLY used the TF100 instead of going to the pool shop and hoping the summer student knows what they're doing... :)

wasn't til the third time in that i found out their FC tests don't go higher than 10... :shock:

tctr13 said:
have you found a place in the states where you can just walk in a purchase the kit?

i'm having a REALLY hard time justifying the $150 for an inferior kit too...

looked at myus dotcom but not sure if they'd ship it --- chemicals...

just putting a big algae attack behind me (hopefully) and could have REALLY used the TF100 instead of going to the pool shop and hoping the summer student knows what they're doing... :)

wasn't til the third time in that i found out their FC tests don't go higher than 10... :shock:

Like other mentionned. You can't pruchase the kit in store. What I'll be doing is getting my kit shipped to a UPS store and pick it up there. They charge 5$ for holding the item. Now my question is, do I get the Stirrer or not?

Regarding the TFTestKits site, I tried to order a kit from there but couldn't as I'm in Canada, I'd like to offer the following recommendation to the admin people for that site:
- clearly a lot of Canadians look to the USA for these kits, but they can't be shipped across the border, and Canadian prices are ridiculous
- what a lot of Americans don't know is that most of Canada's population is along the US/Canada border and I can tell you that we buy a lot of stuff online and ship it to UPS addresses in America and then drive across to pick it up (I bought my 20' AGP this way)
- the TFTestKits site does not allow a person to enter a Canadian billing address, I think if you allowed a person to enter a Canadian address but specify a US shipping address that you would sell a lot more kits
- right now the drop down menu's in the express check out do not allow for picking Canada as the country and the states do not list Canadian provinces, a lot of sites just expand those drop down menus to include Canadian choices, and then simply don't allow those choices on the shipping section

Maybe you subscribe to an online check out or something so maybe it's not possible, but I purchase a lot of items online from sites that do allow Canadian purchases but don't ship here. I actually bought my kit from a different US pool company and picked it up at the American UPS depot, I would have preferred to support TFTestKits though.

Just a suggestion.

I think if you allowed a person to enter a Canadian address but specify a US shipping address that you would sell a lot more kits
I wish we could, but that won't work. Taylor technologies, our supplier, has an agreement with us (and all other US vendors) that we will not KNOWINGLY sell kits for use in Canada.

They do so because of an exclusive agreement they have with Lowry and Associates to be the SOLE supplier in Canada.

So being able to use a billing OR shipping Canadian address would simply be a violation of our agreement with our supplier. That is the sole reason we do not allow Canadian addresses to appear in our software.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think making PayPal an option for payment might help sell more test kits. That way the vendor doesnt know or care what the billing address is. Problem solved. TFT wouldn't be knowing selling out of the US. They just ship to the address given and collect through PayPal.

To each their own.

$129 tax in, shipped my door next day. This beats $55US, plus delivery, plus duty, plus tax and goodness only knows how long it'll take to get here.

On top of it the guy from Apollo pools is super nice and has helped me with all sorts of chemical related questions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.