Hi, new here from Illinois

jlsl95

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 18, 2011
Grant Park, Illinois
My name is Stephanie and we plan on installing a DIY pool (concrete block with liner) next year. I'm glad I found this board to help us through the process and the care of our pool after it's installed. I look forward to getting to know you.

Thanks for the welcome! I'll be sure to post pictures. I'm a picture taking fool. lol We have a historic home that we are restoring so I'm always taking photos of projects. This summer's project was our wrap around porch! I, and the kids, can't wait for the pool project next year. We'll probably break ground in April. For now, we are going to continue researching and attending Pool School. :)

Or you could buy one of those easy-set pools and be swimming before Auguist. This August. Then if your plans get disrupted next year, you'll still have a pool for the kids. And if not, sell it on Craigslist at then beginning of summer. And it will give you valuable practice balancing the pool chemistry, as well!

Richard, that is a good idea, but I already bought this for the kids for this year. (please ignore the semi trailers in the background. Our corn crib and barn were destroyed by a tornado a couple of years ago and the trailers hold the contents of those buildings for now.)

397761958.jpg