bumble bees in the pool

Jul 11, 2010
We just got an intex ultra frame pool with the Salt water clorinator. Does anyone else have trouble with bees. We have several bees hanging out at the pool. I have to spend the whole time spraying them with the hose so the kids can play in the pool. Does anyone have any suggestions to keeping them away. I read put some vinegar and water out in a shallow bowl away from the pool and it would attract the bees but they are still hanging out in my pool.

Welcome to TFP!

The bees may be thirsty if it is dry in your area. We've gone a while without rain and are seeing wasps using our pool to drink. I'm not sure there is much you can do to discourage them if there isn't another convenient water source.

Not much you can do unless there is a colony nearby. If you can follow them in flight, you might find out where they live and have someone take care of it for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.