replace O ring

Specifically, the one at the backwash, but when we removed the canister, all of the o-rings need to be replaced. The washer (is that the o-ring?) at the backwash valve is twisted and leaks. I've attached the diagram. I want to replace #5, which is the o-ring kit. Thanks

Attachments

• backwash.doc
    9.5 KB · Views: 8
We have removed the bolts and the bolt for the handle, but there is no obvious way to lift the assembly out. We tried putting the bolts in a little way and pulling with vise grips, but didn't even budge. Backwash handle moves easily, except for the twisted washer. But can't even slide a screw driver under the compression ring to lift it up.

I believe we are lifting the valve out of the body. The body, as I see it in the diagram, is the section above the handle with the 3 ports that go in from pool, and back out thru backwash or to the pool again. One of the things I did find said to remove the handle and put a board under it (the casing) then push up like using a lever. I do see in the diagram that it might work, but it's hard to reach to put the extension back on later. Of course, I've been warned that it might loosen or break the pipes if we do that. We haven't opened it up like this in the 10 years we've been here, so that could be very likely. I want to take out the part that moves with the handle and opens the different ports.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.