Finally passed the OCUT!

jenlop

Jul 4, 2011
Central Connecticut
Overnight we lost 1 ppm chlorine and there was no CC. (I'm not sure if the results would've been even better if I tested a bit earlier. I tested around 7:15 am, sun had been up for maybe 2 hours? But not directly on the pool.)

I can finally say the water isn't green, but it's definitely very cloudy. I can just barely make out the pattern on the bottom of the liner, but barely. I added a bit of DE to my sand filter yesterday as one person suggested. Hopefully running the filter 24/7 will help it to clear up. I figure it'll be clear about the end of the week, since we'll be out of town the whole following week. :roll:

We had people over on Saturday and the kids played in a kiddie pool, and us grown ups just longed for more than a foot of water to play in. Sigh... I think we'll be swimming in August though!! It's frustrating, but I'm so much more hopeful than I was a couple of weeks ago before I found this site!

Make sure you keep an eye on the pump pressure. DE will remove more materials and the pressure will rise quicker. After backwashing, you will need to addd more DE. I have a 300# sand filter and after I backwash the filter I have to add about 3 cups of DE back into the filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.