Cloudy water

Jun 12, 2011
Hi! Our pool is about 6 weeks old and everytime we swim the water gets really cloudy. How often should I test the water and has anyone else had this issue? It's beautiful when we jump in but more than a handful of guests and it gets really dingy!

Thanks!

tdmaria said:
Hi! Our pool is about 6 weeks old and everytime we swim the water gets really cloudy. How often should I test the water and has anyone else had this issue? It's beautiful when we jump in but more than a handful of guests and it gets really dingy!

Thanks!
You should test your water every day for pH and TA. The other tests are normally tested weekly, except CYA,which is tested less often.

Tell us more about your pool and equipment.

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Thanks! It is a 19K gallon midnight blue quartz plaster pool. I will try brushing it and I do test hte water quite regularly. Will the brusing also get rid of all of hte blotchy imperfections in the pool plaster? I was going to post another topic on that. the plaster company came out and told us it was normal and will go away over time?

thanks again!

Some unevenness of the color is natural and unavoidable, and it will improve a little over time. On the other hand, improper installation or bad water chemistry can make it worse than normal, and it won't always recover from that on it's own. So it really depends on just how bad the unevenness is. I strongly recommend you get a complete set of water test results and post them, in case your chemistry is currently out of balance and making things worse.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.