Low bather load in the sunny North Texas area

d34415

Jul 17, 2011
McKinney, Texas
Chem Geek

For a low bather load in the sunny North Texas area, what would you recommend? Here is what my pool builder is recommending:

Rainbow 320 Chlorinator
Nature 2 Mineral Sanitizer
Del Ozone Eclispe 2-Corona Discharge Ozoneator System (No UV Lamps)

Re: Corona Discharge vs UV ozonaters vs salt water?

Nature 2 injects metal ions. Not a good thing. We don't like N2 here. The cartridges are very expensive and need replacing every 6 months. High margins for the builder and low benefit for the pool owner. Thats a pass on it item and put the money elsewhere.

Ozone can only supplement chlorine. Won't hurt anything but will require periodic service and maintenance. On a lightly used pool, you will use more chlorine. High margins for the builder and low benefit for the pool owner. Thats a pass on it item and put the money elsewhere.

Rainbow 320, as an erosion feeder, is the best of breed. But using tabs on a year round basis means periodic dilutions of the pool water to keep the stabilizer level in check. I have one on my pool. If I had a salt cell, I would still have one as a backup. Expect to add baking soda and either borax or washing soda periodically.

Salt cells and liquid fed systems typically need acid added periodically.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.