is there a difference

SHADEZ

Jul 10, 2011
is there a difference in how much tablets contain versus brand .. previous owners have been useing leslies 3 inch tablets for years and set the chlorinator on full and never had a problem with cya levels running up quickly .. now i bought pool time brand tablets at sams club and the cya level when shooting up using the same auto feeder on the same setting .. is there a difference by brand on the amount tablets contain?

I think you're jousting at windmills. Those tablets shouldn't dissolve any differently than any other tablets. Even if they did you'd just adjust the feeder and the resulting amount used would be the same.

thats what i thought when i bought them .. but the feeder ate up twice as many tablets in less time than the 5 a week with leslies .. it's wierd i don't understand the problem completely .. yet

tablets dissolving rapidly

Topics merged. Please keep the same issues in one place. Bama

what would make my 3" tablets dissolve at a rapid pace without turning up the dial on the auto feeder.

I'm still trying to figure out what happened to make these new tablets get sucked down in only a couple of days .. i asked on another post and they said all tablets dissolve at the same rate. So what would make this happen? So this doesn't happen again.

FIELD REPORT:

I'm sure that some pucks dissolve more quickly than others.

At the beginning of the season I used Bio-Guard tabs, then switched to Pool Time, all was fine. Then I found HTH 'Dual Action' for 40 lbs for $90 and bought a few bucikets of them (I didn't have my glasses and figured it wasn't the 'triple action' but... they have copper in them :rant: )

The HTH tabs are dissolving much more quickly than the other 2 brands (maybe they are just thinner 3" tabs?)

I think it's the thickness of the tabs that comes into play for this (though the HTH tabs don't 'feel as dense')

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.