Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hypratt is new here

1. Back To Top    #1

hypratt is new here

Hello everyone,
    I have had my pool for fours years now. I installed the solar myself. I have learned a lot about pool maintenance thru forums and questions asked at pool supply places. I do not know how old the pool is but am getting it replastered. I chose to go with the premium DuPont Quartz plaster instead of Pebbletek primarily because my cool deck in starting to deteriate and for the same cost I am having my decking redone. With the solar our pool season runs from April 1st the the end of September. I bought a solar cover when we first moved in because installing the solar was taking longer than I had originally anticipated. Although it does help in getting the pool temp up faster I do not use it anymore because after I get it removed and clean up the leaves and debris that it traps my girls, ages 6 & 8, are done and it is time to put the cover back on.
    My pool: Approx. 20,000 gal. concrete freeform IG/spa combo with 2 hp. pump, Hayward cartridge filter, 3 return lines, Hayward Pool Vac Ultra on dedicated line, gas heater (unused).

2. Back To Top    #2
    Welcome! Glad to have you here.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry
    hypratt,

Welcome. You will find this forum quite interesting and, usually, a bit more helpful than the pool supply forums. It's a little slow right now but, starting about March-April, this is one busy place. There's probably no better forum in the world to get pool water chemistry answers. Lots of hands-on owners with lots of experience. We're glad you're here.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    Welcome to the forum hypratt

You're gonna' like it here.....and Happy Holidays to you and your family

Joyce
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!