salt water testing

Jul 9, 2011
Question about salt test strip's,on bottle it say's to 1. place strip in water
2.wait 10 min.
should u hold under water for 10 min. or just dip?
Also my SWG Is telling me salt is low 2600
but i dummped 10- 40 lbs. bags= 400 lbs thats for a 12,000 gal. above
test show's 5000 if iam doing it right.

What brand of salt test strips are you using? The AquaChek strips get left sitting in about 3/4" of water for around 4-5 minutes.

It can take salt as long as 24 hours to mix in, and as much as another 24 hours for the SWG to fully register the change and show the correct salt level.

Re: salt water testing/ updated with pic.'s

findly got the circu pool Rj30 working,Idiot me,unit kept tell me water default,so i check the mauel and it siad low water flow or salt level,i had reel good water flow and salt test show 5800 on aqua strip. (10- 40 lbs bags fro 12000gal.) unit keep say's 2500.So i decided to check conn. on cell again,and after close inpection i notice i had blue wire and black rev. :hammer: .
Now its salt test show's 5000 and it's producing clhorine.
here are my nums. as of this morning before working unit.

fc- 15 been dumping bleach daily
ph- 7.2 -was 7.1 put some ph up yesterday,may put more late?
TA-250
CYA- 50 ish
salt- 5800 aqua strip / SWG saying 5000 probly ill need to add water to pool with in a couple days.

I would like to say thanks for the help on TFP and some of the earler post's i have been reading,
also thanks to discount salt pools for calling me back with in 5 min. from message on a sat. to resolve the problem with 220v. to convert too 110v. they talked me through it .

i will post pics of set up if anybody has for any input. phil
DSC01984.jpg

DSC01980.jpg

DSC01979.jpg

DSC01983.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.