Do recommend a 27' or 30' above ground pool?

Jul 16, 2011
My husband and I are looking to get an above ground pool. Of course when you go out there is so much information to digest and we would love to make the right decision. We are a family of 4. Kids are ages 9 and almost 13. I think the 27' would be sufficient but my husband is afraid of getting the 27' and wishing we got the 30'. Also we are trying to decide between the steel and resin. My first thought is resin since it lasts longer but I do not want to go in and get the most expensive product out there without researching first. If we got the resin, it would be the 54" walls as where the steel is 52" walls. Any help would be appreciated. Thank so much.

Alicia

kplaster, Thanks so much for responding.
We have about a half an acre and when we went out and measured, it seems as though it may take up half our yard. Not sure we want that.

Also do you have any recommendations as far as which models of pools. We are trying to decide between a Vogue Revelation and a Ovation Mission. Both are resin with 54" walls. I'm sure they are both comparable but if someone has one over the other I'd like to hear likes and dislikes.

I have the Vouge Revelation 27' and LOVE IT!! The 27' is Perfect! The 30' is huge and you will have to pay a permium for the covers/liners when you need to replace them. I can't say anything bad about the Revelation, it's the top of the line pool. The top rails slope a bit keep that in mind you'll need to shim your pool alarm or get the larger one. Go with BBB method you can't go wrong. ?'s just ask!

We are just now in the process of setting up a 30' revelation from Vogue. Looks great. The resin seems strong. As far as size goes, at 27' and above, the pump set up is essentially the same. If space (and budget) allows without overwhelming your back yard, I say go bigger. When we were pricing, the upcharge for the 30' was not very much.

Jest mi 2 scents. Enjoy

Pjiv, Did you consider the Zenith over the Revelation at all? It's the 52" wall and its about $800 cheaper but its not all resin. Our backyard is in an all sun location which will be perfect for the pool but I'm nervous the resin will fade. How long have you had your pool and have you seen any fading?

jolly1227, The difference is about $600 from the 27' to the 30'. It really isn't that big of a difference but I kinda had sticker shock when I went out looking for a pool. A friend of mine got hers alot cheaper and I'm not sure what quality she got but hers looks very nice (in pictures of course. Haven't seen it in person yet)

257WbyMag, Thanks for your advice.

Thanks everyone for answering my questions. I really appreciate it. If anyone else has advice please let me know. I'm confused on what to do but need to make a decision quickly so I can get my HOA approval and move forward before summer is over :)

Yes I did, however I wanted the extra water level in my pool. I like the 54" over the 52" Got mine last year from Garys Pool and Leisure, it was the end of the season and I wanted the 30' but they were out so they salesman gave me a deal I could not pass on. I could have gotten the Zenith, and there is nothing wrong with that pool, but I like the fatter top rail and more support from the larger supports on the Revelation.

$600 now to go to the 30' but look around for the cost of the covers, liners, etc. Anyhow, it's your pool, if your choice is between those two pools then you can't loose both are excellent choices!

My pool is in full sun everyday, and I'll tell you this the resin top rail is warm to the touch, never HOT like some pools. It's a real pleasure. Buy some bee spray and spray under the rail in the fall/spring to stop the nests.

We almost went with a 21' but decided to go with 24' once we found out the cost difference was $200! How did the salesman overlook sharing that information! Most often it's just the two of us, but many occasions there are 4-6 people (adults). If we had 6 people in there the majority of the time it would start to seem small. Or kids playing would likely make it seem smaller.

I would say 27 is big enough if you are not going to have a deck around most of it. My 28 ft pool is almost too big to vac from the sides. The only way to do it properly is from inside the pool wich isn't a problem most of the time. We'v had lots of kids and adults in the pool and had plenty of room. Also the 30' will cost more for covers and liners like someone said before. I wanted a 24ft ended up with a 28 ft with only a very small deck on it and we are very happy. It's a big step up from the Intex, and it keeps you cool and wet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.