Big pool - robot recommendation

Dieter

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 11, 2011
I've been trying to get my pool under control using BBB and one of the problems is that we have a large amount of "stuff" at the deep end. The previous owner left a Polaris 360 that runs of a booster bump, but it takes a really long time and it's not getting up the fine stuff. The tail just kind of blows the dirt around to settle later.

Anyone with a large pool have an opinion on what's a good choice to get the fine stuff? At 50,000 gallons with lots of trees around, it's going to get a work out.

I have always maintained you pay for cleaning power. The more you pay, the more power your cleaner will have to clean that large pool.

I currently have a blue diamond in a 42k pool and my next one will be a small commercial cleaner. The blue diamond is a good cleaner but I have to run it for 3 hours to effectively clean the pool

Plan on spending some bucks.....over $1k.

I also have a Polaris which I love if it works and hate when it does not.

The Polaris will pickup the fine stuff if you use the fine/silt bag. Or if you use a women's hose. The Polaris has to be adjusted so that it runs flat to the surface of the pool floor.

If you are new pool owner I suggest that you watch the Polaris to ensure that it is operating correctly and is at least picking up small leaves or other small objects.

i would get a blue diamond, 4 year warranty on motors is key when its getting a major work out. of course you'll probably still blow a powersupply right after the warranty runs out on that.

i don't know the warranty for commercial cleaners, but if they have a decent warranty than that is an option.

usually i would stay away from the remote controlled ones as they are much more complex,but they are also more efficient as they have two motors to turn. so you might want to look at the blue diamond remote.

just remember that every part is basically 2X the price if you need to replace it. brushes are twice the price, cable is twice the price etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.