New IG pool, air/bubble above water level

Sep 7, 2010
Winnipeg, MB
I hope that I am being paranoid and just a nervous new pool owner, but I have a question about my liner that was just installed.

I have a kafko steel walled IG pool and the liner was just installed. They used a vacuum and everything looked good. The pool guys had the vaccuum on while the first truck load of water was added (left about an inch of water in shallow-end, then they removed the vaccum and left for the day, while the water truck was on it's way with a second load.

after teh second load, we noticed that there seems to be air behind the liner above the water level, below the water level is fine, the water pushes it against the sides. When you touch the liner (above the water level) it definately moves in and out. We have since topped up the pool and the water level is about halfway across the border. There is still that air gap between the pool sides and the liner.

Is this normal and I am just paranoid? Or was the coping installedtoo far out and not flush with the pool side. The air gap seems to be about 1/4 inch. I have attached a diagram. I am not sure of the shape and atachment of the coping, the pool decking is supposed to be cantilevered.

Any advice/assurances appreciated.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG00611-20110712-1202sml.jpg
    IMG00611-20110712-1202sml.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG00612-20110712-1238aml.jpg
    IMG00612-20110712-1238aml.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.