RAA

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 28, 2007
The Woodlands, TX
I remember seeing an option to upload an Avatar under my Profile but I can't find it now. Is this a supporter only feature?. Also, if I click my username on the portal where is says "Welcome RAA" I get this message:

Attachments

• TFP-Err.jpg
    TFP-Err.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 318
It's fixed now- you should be able to upload. Avatars for some accounts are in fact dissabled. It was going to be a supporter only feature but it was too difficult to administer. I've got to go back and enable the feature for about 150+ users. I'll try to have it done by this weekend.

On the clicking your name on the homepage, I'll have to work on that. You can click on the profile button though and get the same info.

Ok, I was able to link to it using an offsite url. I was not able to attach it directly and if I try to upload the Avatar from a URL I get this:
err.jpg

Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I cannot upload an avatar. I have resized the pic to 80x53, tried Photobucket and Tinypic. I will get errors that it is not a Jpeg, giff (& some other protocol, that I can't remember) or I will get an error that it exceeds the 5kb requirement. I am unsure how to resize to meet the 5 kb requirement without the pixels becoming all wonky. I usually shoot really with really high pixels quality so that I can look at them quite enlarged.

Any suggestions for a program to use? I have Photoshop 6, but I can't seem to get below the 5 kb mark, however, I am not an expert in that program.

Thanks for any help.

A high number of colors can really run up the file size. To shrink it, select Image, then Image Size and set the values to the proper size.

Irfanview (excellent FREEWARE graphics software) is a good program for resizing pics. To further reduce the size save them as a GIF and not a JPEG. You will be limited to only 256 colors BUT it should not be a problems given the small size of the Avitar. If you are saving it as a JPEG reduce the quality of it. Once agan, given the small size it's not going to be a problem. Remember, we are talking about an Avitar and not a large picture that we can see a lot of detail in.

riverheightsnancy said:
Success! Thanks everyone!

PS Love reading the newsletter-Waterbear, I always thought you were a woman :oops: , You have lead an interesting life!
If I am I MUST have a glandular problem to have a beard like I do! :shock: Maybe I should double check! Hang on a sec....Nope I am DEFINITELY a man! :-D :-D :-D

I DO try to stay in touch with my feminine side! :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.