Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatars

1. Back To Top    #1

I remember seeing an option to upload an Avatar under my Profile but I can't find it now. Is this a supporter only feature?. Also, if I click my username on the portal where is says "Welcome RAA" I get this message:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -Rick
    ~15k Gal IG
    Gunite/White plaster
    AquaLogic PS-8 w/SWG

2. Back To Top    #2
    Try the ideas found in this post...

Sean has recently added the ability to upload avatars (again)

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

3. Back To Top    #3
    It's fixed now- you should be able to upload. Avatars for some accounts are in fact dissabled. It was going to be a supporter only feature but it was too difficult to administer. I've got to go back and enable the feature for about 150+ users. I'll try to have it done by this weekend.

On the clicking your name on the homepage, I'll have to work on that. You can click on the profile button though and get the same info.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Ok, I was able to link to it using an offsite url. I was not able to attach it directly and if I try to upload the Avatar from a URL I get this:

Thanks!
    -Rick
    ~15k Gal IG
    Gunite/White plaster
    AquaLogic PS-8 w/SWG

5. Back To Top    #5
    You have to upload it from your own pc - save the file as a jpeg then upload it.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanB
    You have to upload it from your own pc - save the file as a jpeg then upload it.
    I know what happened. It was the size, it must be =< 6k and 80 Pixels or less.
    All good now. Thanks,
    -Rick
    ~15k Gal IG
    Gunite/White plaster
    AquaLogic PS-8 w/SWG

7. Back To Top    #7

That happened to me as well. Mine was greater than 6Kb and what I did was select the bottom one, Link to offsite avatar. I hosted it on Photobucket and it worked.
    steve

Above Ground / 18' Round / Vinyl Liner / Sand Filter / 100K Gas Heater / Salt Added / No Nature2

8. Back To Top    #8

In the Industry

There's still no option for an avatar when I go to my profile. . .
    ~Jules~

My pool: INDOOR 13x27 rectangular fiberglass, built ~2001, BBB, TA-60 sand filter, Hayward two speed pump (1 hp/0.33 hp), 3/4 hp booster pump for solar heater
    Taylor K-2006 test

9. Back To Top    #9
    Try it now. I just updated your account.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

10. Back To Top    #10
    I also do not see an option for Avatars when I go to my profile. Can you please "fix" me as well?

Dave

11. Back To Top    #11
    OK, your all fixed.
    TFP Founder

12. Back To Top    #12
    Between the poster Name and Avitar there are a few lines of text. Mine says "I can see the bottom of my pool" ? Can I edit this? If so, where do I do so.

Riles
    16x32 IG vinyl, 19,000 gal, 1.0 hp pump, sand filter, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, diving board, slide

13. Back To Top    #13
    Can't be edited... it will change as you post more.
    Just one little way we keep this board fun!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit

14. Back To Top    #14
    I cannot upload an avatar. I have resized the pic to 80x53, tried Photobucket and Tinypic. I will get errors that it is not a Jpeg, giff (& some other protocol, that I can't remember) or I will get an error that it exceeds the 5kb requirement. I am unsure how to resize to meet the 5 kb requirement without the pixels becoming all wonky. I usually shoot really with really high pixels quality so that I can look at them quite enlarged.

Any suggestions for a program to use? I have Photoshop 6, but I can't seem to get below the 5 kb mark, however, I am not an expert in that program.

Thanks for any help.
    1960s Original Sylvan Pool
    Concrete
    @ 30,000 Gallons
    Hayward DE Filter
    2 HP Hayward Pump
    BBB believer!

15. Back To Top    #15
    I just used good 'ol paint.exe to resize mine and it worked fine
    21' Round (12k Gallons) AG
    Strong Pools Colosseum Riser 56", 1 hp Sand filter, 10'x12' Composite Deck,
    Auquacal Aerotemp Heat Pump, Also: Sundance Cameo Spa
    See my pool build thread here: Katkami's Pool Build - With time lapse video!

16. Back To Top    #16
    A high number of colors can really run up the file size. To shrink it, select Image, then Image Size and set the values to the proper size.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

17. Back To Top    #17
    Irfanview (excellent FREEWARE graphics software) is a good program for resizing pics. To further reduce the size save them as a GIF and not a JPEG. You will be limited to only 256 colors BUT it should not be a problems given the small size of the Avitar. If you are saving it as a JPEG reduce the quality of it. Once agan, given the small size it's not going to be a problem. Remember, we are talking about an Avitar and not a large picture that we can see a lot of detail in.

18. Back To Top    #18
    Success! Thanks everyone!

PS Love reading the newsletter-Waterbear, I always thought you were a woman , You have lead an interesting life!
    1960s Original Sylvan Pool
    Concrete
    @ 30,000 Gallons
    Hayward DE Filter
    2 HP Hayward Pump
    BBB believer!

19. Back To Top    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by riverheightsnancy
    -Waterbear, I always thought you were a woman ,

20. Back To Top    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by riverheightsnancy

PS Love reading the newsletter-Waterbear, I always thought you were a woman , You have lead an interesting life!
    If I am I MUST have a glandular problem to have a beard like I do! Maybe I should double check! Hang on a sec....Nope I am DEFINITELY a man!

I DO try to stay in touch with my feminine side!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast