Plumbing to bypass cartridge tank

Jun 4, 2011
I have a crack in the lid of my cartridge tank - tried repairing but it isn't working. Pool place suggested AB Epoxy - that didn't work.

Bama Rambler said that I could bypass the tank by doing this: To bypass it you just hook a pipe from the inlet to the outlet fittings and that's all there is to it.

I'm not sure what that means - would the pipe go under the skimmer basket and to the return, or from the inlet pipe that hooks to the other skimmer basket down by the pump?

How would i determine the size pipe I need? Would Lowe's or Depot have it?

I'm a single girl and not a plumber :p

Any advice would be great!

I believe that he means for you to remove the filter and run a pipe between the two pipes that used to connect to the filter. Doing this takes a little PVC plumbing knowledge and buying appropriate parts, but isn't especially difficult. You will need to be able to cut pieces of pipe and measure carefully. If you want to go that route we can talk you through it, though there is a fair bit to learn.

Here are the pics - i took them to Home Depot and got fittings and bought pliers to get the nut off, but it's ridged and the pliers won't grab.

Attachments

• 379837020293.jpeg
    379837020293.jpeg
    456.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 379836458245.jpeg
    379836458245.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 31
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.