HELP WITH MY BAQUA CONVERSION PICTURES INCLUDED

I have the taylor k2006 test. I think when testing for CC I was not ensuring the water was clear before testing. I am going to test tomorrow morning and post the results. Let's hope for less then ppm drop so I can add the cya! I appreciate all the replies I am very impatient and have already lost weeks of swim time.

Ok passed my overnight test and added the cya. I don't have any results yet but the pool is sparkling. Clear and blue!!! How long should it take to get the cc levels to come down? I add the chlorine at night and in the morning to reach 15 but with temps around 100 I am still struggling to keep the chlorine levels high. Is that what will break down the cc? high levels of FC?

Good progress :goodjob:

Yes, high FC levels will break down CC. On average CC should go down by about 1 per day, but it varies. Now that you have CYA in the water, it will be much easier to maintain the FC level.

What is your CC level now?

I would like the OP to submit his/her own rendition of the test they are performing. Not the instructions, but perhaps a line by line recap of how the test is performed in their own words.

Something's fishy about the CC test issue. Either the pool has >5ppm CC or the testing protocol is off in some way. Either is plausible, the pool is green and the tester is new to testing. This DPD test is as accurate as they come, and there is little or no reason for it not to work as is reported.

Are you...

using 10ml sample
two dippers of DPD powder
then sample turns hot pink
dropping R-0871 one drop at a time (bottle held vertically, full drops)
Recording when it turns clear
adding R-0003 by 5 drops, swirl
if pink appears...
dropping R-0871 one drop at a time till it turns back to clear???

This protocol is still not working? Or are you still stopping drops of R-0871 at 10 drops? Have you tried 12 drops? 15?

R-0871 isn't so expensive. Order another bottle and then you won't have to worry about using too much. I'd like to see if the CC perhaps is indeed over 5ppm. It'd be a rarity for sure, but I believe it's possible.

Sorry for double questioning it, I just have a lot of faith in the DPD test and the consistent frustration from OP about CC makes me curious as to why it wouldn't work as it's supposed to.

Levels this morning
FC:4
CC:11
PH:7.2
ALK:140
CH:75
CYA:60

Pool looks great I am still adding a lot of liquid chlorine at night and in the morning and keeping a 3" tab in the skimmer and one in the floater. The CC levels appear to be coming down slowly but hard to tell. We have had some really hot and sunny days. It has been at least 90 and up for the last 14 days. (And I can't get in the pool to cool down :rant: )

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.