May 24, 2011
The beginning of the year I added cya to 40, but I had huge problems with algea. I have backwashed and vacuumed to waste lots. We also had to drain off the pool about 5 inches 2 times because of heavy rains. I have had to add at least 2 gallons of bleach a day the past week. I tested my cya last night and it shows 0. I am going to add more cya tonight via a sock. Could of this had happened cause of all the lost water?

The water replacement could have lowered CYA to 30, but not to zero. Of course the test is a little unreliable when CYA is low, so chances are your CYA level is actually around 20 to 30 and the test is just reporting that as zero.

I would assume that CYA was around 20 and raise it up to 50. If I'm wrong, and CYA is really zero, that will at least get you to 30, which is alright. And if I'm right, it will get you to 45 or 50, which is just about ideal.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.