I need help with finding a replacement light for my pool.

lesj

Jul 13, 2011
Hi, I am new to this site. I brought a house with a concrete pool. I sandblast the pool, and I'm about to plaster but I have a problem with the light. The light nitche is empty. Someone cut the light wire. The nitche size is 10 in diameter and 8 in deep. The pool was made by sylvan in the 70's. Can I buy a replacement light which would fit in the nitche? Please help me.

Re: I need help with finding a replacement light for my pool

Welcome to TFP!

Yes, if you post a pic of the niche, someone here will probably be able to tell you what brand and model of light you need to get.

Please look for any identifying part numbers on the niche. Sylvan used both Hayward and American Products (now Pentair) in that era. Given the 10" size, I would bet a $1 bill that it was an Am-Pro.

Scott

Post your picture to a free site like Photobucket, then paste the link in your message.

Here's an example, be glad you aren't looking for a replacement for this!

light1.jpg

light2.jpg

poolplaza.com told me they could help, in fact I need to head over there this week!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.