Intake and return question

UPSguy

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2011
Toledo, OH
Trying to get all my ducks in a row before making the plunge on a 27-30' pool. Is one skimmer and one return really enough to effectively move the water in the pool? Is there something the should be done to draw water off the bottom?

It will be a round pool. This question came up because the last 2 days we have had a lot of dirt laying on the bottom of the pool. This is the first time since its been up that there's been dirt on the bottom. My guess is that we haven't used it enough this week for the dirt to be mixed in the water for the junk stock pump/filter to pick it up

If I'm going to invest much more money in a real pool, is this just a reality to deal with or will better flow solve this?

The best thing you can do for dirt on the bottom is have a MD (main drain) installed. That creates it's own set of issues (i.e. leak source in liner, etc) but it works good on having a place to get the dirt out. Another thing you could do is have a low return installed below the normal one. That would allow you to "blow" water across the floor (I actually think that's a better idea).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.