white layer of foam

Dec 11, 2007
davenport, Fl
Today when I was vacuuming the pool, as I reduced the flow from the main drain and put the skimmer on 3/4 full suction I noticed as i was cacuuming that a lot of gas bubbles were coming from the returns and then the pool filled with whit foam. I have a new aquarite system and have been bringing the pool back from death pond valley. is it okay to leave the swg on while doing so?

I would guess that you have a minor air leak in the vacuum hose and otherwise everything is fine.

Having the SWG on while cleaning up shouldn't hurt anything. On the other hand, I am not sure if it will help much until you can hold some chlorine overnight.

White foam sounds like you may have been using an inexpensive algaecide. If so, it won't help much, if any, in your case. The foaming will go away soon and, while it's just a guess, may well have been caused by algaecide.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.