Pool cover pump suggestions

May 23, 2011
Folks,

I have recently bought a home with an in ground pool. The previouse owner was using a Rule 1800 GPH cover pump. The house / pool came addtionally with another Rule 1800 (partially working) and a dead little giant (1250 GPH I think). The pump that was running when I bought the place died and I am using the flaky older model Rule 1800 pump right now.

I think what happened to the Rule that died on me was too many pine needles up the intake such that no water could be sucked in.

I do live on the rusty side of washington so there is a good bit of rain so a pump is a good idea. Now the question is which one has worked well for other folks. do I need something that is rated 1800 GPM (which I don't beleive at all) or will smoething much smaller do just fine? I has this as I have seen walmart online has a "hartage" 500 GPH pump that seems to not have too many negitive reviews against it.

Note that the Rule that failed and the flaky one that is running right now are kept in a mesh bag to keep a lot of debry out of them.

Your comments please....

The cool thing about the rule pump that I just learned is the service and warranty are excellent.

My cover came with a rule pump in the fall of 08 and it just died on me last week. Turns out it has a 3 year warranty on it. I just called the number given to me by my pool builder and rule just sent me a brand new one with a new 3 yr warranty. Got here in less than 2 weeks and I did not have to send the old pump back either!

All I had to do was give them the engraved number on the side and they could tell that if was still under warranty.

I have to say that was about the easiest warranty I have ever dealt with.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.