Mat Under Royal Entrance Stairs

Jun 28, 2011
Rockville, MD
We just purchased a 2' x 3' mat to put under our "Royal Entrance" stairs in our above ground pool. We heard that these mats are a good idea to protect the liner under the stairs. The problem is that the mat moves aorund when we're swimming. Has anyone else used these mats and if so, how do you keep them in place. Thanks so much for any advice you have to offer.
Ruth

I don't have a mat under our steps and haven't found any wear but that's not your question.

The only way I can think of is to weigh the mats down with a sand bag or something similar. That might hold it in place.

Thanks, Dave. That's a good suggestion. My husband was thinking of putting a weight on the mat behind the stairs, but I wasn't sure if that would be the best solution. Looks like it is. Also good to know that the stairs haven't caused any wear on your liner. I appreciate your help!

By the way, this is a terrific forum. I am a new pool owner and have learned a tremendous amount from you and the others on this site. Thanks!
Ruth

we used the bathtub mat with the suction cups on the backside and never had an issue, I hated those stairs though, always got mold algae outbreaks that started on the far side of the stairs in the dead spot where water didn't like to circulate and if you didn't throw a puck into the stairs, you'd get the odd outbreak inside the stairs as well, a few years ago, I decided to turn the stairs around, now we have the flip up portion going into the pool and the nice stairs on the outside, suits us just fine and I haven't seen algae in god knows how long.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.