Spot Cleaning

Steve456

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2008
Texas
I am considering buying a battery operated spot cleaner. We have vacuum hose and a Polaris but there are days I would like to clean one or two spots on the bottom of our pool. The vacuum hose takes time to set up and the Polaris can run for hours and avoid the dirt you wanted it to pickup.

The idea of using a device to clean a 2 ft by 2 ft area on the bottom of the pool seems attractive. However, I wonder if spot cleaners work? Are they power full enough to pick up dirt and leaves? Do they eat batteries? Are they gimmicks that sound good but are useless for a large in ground pool? Does your unit have sufficient suction? How long do the batteries last? Does the unit use a standard pool pole? How long have you owned your unit? ( I have seen several reviews that say their unit died shortly after the one year warranty expired.)

Do small pressure vacs like the Ocean Blue Water Products 130050 Deluxe Jet Vac work better. Hate the idea of hooking up the hose for spot cleaning but perhaps this is necesaary.

I would appreciate hearing your experience with specific spot cleaners!

TIA

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.