Efficiency Pumps

deeneu

Jul 12, 2011
Our pump has gone out and I wanted to purchase a high efficiency pump. From what I have seen Intelliflo is just not reliable and only has a 1 year warranty. Does anyone know anything about EcoPump or Leaf Pumps? Are they reliable? We have a 30,000gallon in ground pool and currently have a Stayright Maxiglass2 2 Hp.

Welcome to TFP!
What are your electric rates? Unless they are quite high (say .30/kwh) a 2-speed pump makes more sense. For a 30,000 gal pool with no water features (right?) I think a 1 hp 2-speed pump would be a good choice. Hayward, Pentair, and Jandy all make good ones.

Edit: never heard of Leaf pumps, and the Ecopump has been the subject of some spirited discussion here on the forum I would stick with an established brand.

Not reliable? Maybe if you live where there are frequent power outages or lightning strikes. Any other brands will have the same results then.

It's the #1 variable speed pump on the market. And not just because they were first to the market, either.

Jandy's E-Pump isn't a bad choice either.

The Hayward, just being a Hayward product with their cheaper is better mindset is enough of a kiljoy but the product is too new for me to say anything wrt MTBF issues it may have.

I never heard of Leaf.

Scott

The length of the Pentair warranty depends on how many pieces of Pentair equipment you have. With three of more pieces of equipment from Pentair the warranty goes up to three years.

None of the variable speed motors will be as reliable as a single speed or dual speed motor, though some of them, including the IntelliFlo come reasonably close.

Melt In The Sun said:
...never heard of Leaf pumps, and the Ecopump has been the subject of some spirited discussion here on the forum. ...

I'd like to get knowledgeable on Ecopump, including reading the above noted thread. Unfortunately, though, I'm unable to access it ('unauthorized forum message). While I'm a new member, I'm also a contributor. Is there something I need to do to be able to access this thread?

Many thanks!

Best regards,

Bill

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.