My water feels sticky

LisaM

May 26, 2011
Ok so everybody in my circle of friends and family thinks I am crazy. The pool is sparkling blue. You can see a potato bug at the bottom of the 10ft deep end and it sparkles in the light... but I am convinced it feels sticky! When I get on my float instead of sliding across it, you stick. Chemicals are perfectly balanced. I was thinking this could be low PH but PH is 7.6. Calcium Hardness perhaps?? Borates?? How can I make my water feel silky?? Am I just nuts??

Reactions: swimming_squirrel
I dont have a full set of test results right now. I am at work... How would I add salt? I do not have a SWG as this is a chlorine pool. Add salt to the skimmer? I have a water softener so I am very familiar with that.

Can it be added to the skimmer? I purchase salt for my softener all the time but it comes in big pellets... about the size of a ping pong ball squished to an oval... I wouldnt want to just add those to my pool. I have never seen small crystals.

The pellets are fine, you just need to make sure that they don't have any additives (like anti-rust ingredients, etc). They will dissolve very quickly, especially if you swim and kick them around, which is kind of fun anyway. They are cold as they dissolve, so swimming with them is an interesting experience.

Honestly though, it sounds to me like your water and your floats are "squeaky clean". Slick and slimy is bad.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A little late, I know but..

When I had to add additional salt to my pool, I had the kids (teenagers) go swimming to help stir it up. I did tell them NOT to open their eyes under water that day just to avoid geting any salt crystals in their eyes. Within an hour or two, it appeared to all be dissolved.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.