Is running the filter and heater better at night?

Jul 5, 2011
i was talking recently about this with someone. we have the filter/heater on a timer and set to come on late morning and shut off around 9 pm or so. our property has too many trees so direct sun on the pool is really only from about noon to 5 pm. we use a solar fish, not a cover. the other person was saying that since you would lose more heat overnight , that it would be better to run everything at night and let nature take it's course during the day. we have a 20 x 40 inground pool. does this make sense?
thanks,
dave

I don't think it really makes that much of a difference for a gas heater. Yes, you lose heat at night, but you'll lose more heat from a warm pool than a cool pool. I've never had a gas heater, but my understanding is that they heat up pretty quickly - so if it were me, I'd heat only before I knew I was using the pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.