New (paying) member here

Xenon

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 12, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Introducing myself...

Chad in muggy New Orleans. Just bought a house (last month) and trying to work out pool issues. The board and flow switch quit/were broken so I've already put a chunk into a pool that's not working.

I'm riding the big learning curve now and am trying to get my water tested soon to prevent falling off the deep end. Ha

Added 240 lbs of salt over the weekend per the old pool guy's recommendation. Will order the test kit once I find the code for the $10 off.

Hi, welcome. Bravo on getting Schooled.

N.O. is my hometown - going back for a high school reunion right as hurricane season gets heated up...oh, my, what people will do to get a break on hotel costs. It's been awhile, has anyone put out an update to the old book "The Underground Gourmet"? I'd love a guide to little known restaurants.

has anyone put out an update to the old book "The Underground Gourmet"?

Well Richard Collin died last year and he didn't update the guide (that I know of). I really don't know of anything else like it... The closest thing to it is reviews by Tom Fitzmorris. He's a little (lot) more high strung than Collin was, but certainly knows his food. He's the most well known critic in NOLA with a couple different radio shows.

http://www.nomenu.com/joomla1/ It has a ton of information, including restaurants sorted by area of the city and style of food :goodjob:

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Thanks for the restaurant review page...I LOVE TO EAT IN NOLA!! Mouth is watering right now, and I'm dying to go back. Dang, I just thought about Southern Candymakers' pralines. Uh oh. Now I have a craving - could eat a boxful. :shock: