ladder from deck to AGP

Have you considered steps? I am SO glad that I chose steps for my above ground pool. There is a ladder on the outside of the pool and steps going into the pool. I am having my deck installed next week and at that time, I will remove the outside ladder and use the decks mounts that came along with it. I think it adds a lot to the pool, is much easier to get in and out and is very sturdy.

That's the same ladder I had that came with my AGP. It was the A-frame type of ladder, but we bought the deck mount kit, cut the back steps off like directions said and attatched it to the deck mounts. Been a good ladder, haven't had any problems with it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
kplaster, you ever get any algae growing on those, even in the hard to get at areas? I'm considering a similar setup, I know water goes thru the sides but part of me is a bit skeptical that some degree of algae won't grow on them. I'd appreciate your opinion as they are nice stairs.

I have the exact same ladder as the pic from amazon - with the plastic steps, I don't recommend it. It was part of the base pool pkg. It is only rated for 225 lbs and states to replace the steps every 2 years, the warranty is only 1 year. This is our first summer with a pool so it will definitely serve for this year, but next year I'll be getting something else/better.
I'm around 200 lbs and I'm already starting to detect a bit of give to one of the steps.

cramar said:
kplaster, you ever get any algae growing on those, even in the hard to get at areas? I'm considering a similar setup, I know water goes thru the sides but part of me is a bit skeptical that some degree of algae won't grow on them. I'd appreciate your opinion as they are nice stairs.

I have the exact same ladder as the pic from amazon - with the plastic steps, I don't recommend it. It was part of the base pool pkg. It is only rated for 225 lbs and states to replace the steps every 2 years, the warranty is only 1 year. This is our first summer with a pool so it will definitely serve for this year, but next year I'll be getting something else/better.
I'm around 200 lbs and I'm already starting to detect a bit of give to one of the steps.
Have had no prob. with algi.Water flow's right through them..Once in a while they get a little dirty under step's..I just use hose&go under water & clean out..The only prob that I have had is the whole step's are held together on the side's with cap's..I had problem's with them not staying together when the kid's get to churning up the water alot..I used big tie strap's&tied the bottom to keep it tight..Have had no more prob&they really hold up to the weight..The handles are a not has sturdy or stiff has I would like but it serves the purpose..

If you decide to go with a ladder, I have an Ultimate Ladder which I like very much. I can recommend the Ultimate Ladder manufacturer as a company that stands behind it's product. This ladder was in a pool that I purchased 5 years ago and I do not know when it was purchased. I had a problem with a broken handle and all it took was a phone call to the manufacturer. They promptly shipped me a replacement with no questions asked. They didn't know and I don't know how old the ladder was as I did not have any proof of purchase. If their ladder design meets your needs you will be happy with it and the support the manufacturer gives.

AnnaK said:
I really like those steps. What's the brand name?

I have the same ones...Confer Plastics is the manufacturer. I got ours at Namco/Branch Brook (PS Chain in NE) :goodjob:

IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.