is there a "BEST" solar cover color?

UPSguy

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2011
Toledo, OH
black, blue, clear and two tone. Is there a best color to actually keep the water warmer? I am leaning towards a clear cover since we then could see the pool lit up with the lights at night.

what considerations are the knowledgable members here using to pick their solar covers?

I've used a blue one the past 2 years.
Both of them got ruined. One due to a deer, and the other due to stupidity on my part for leaving it folded in the sun.
After doing some research I thought I would try a clear one.

I can tell you the water has heated up much quicker with it during the day, since It actually allows the suns ray's to get through into the water. And like any other solar cover it holds the heat over night.
I've left it off the past couple of days since weather here has been miserable.

We bought ours from Sam's club. Seemed to be a nice heavy duty cover, for a good price.

Don't expect a cover to last all that long, regardless of their claims. They often fail after a year or two regardless, so I recommend getting an inexpensive one.

Clear covers have small advantages for solar heating, since they let more light into the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.