new hook up swg

Jul 9, 2011
I am about to hook up a circupool RG 30 swg on a 12,000 agp,tried the cheaper intex last couple years with no luck.This time i will and have been reading pool school and hoping wife will too,lol
My question is should i leave the chlorinator inlinne with the SWG or remove it? Also should i get pool clear before putting salt and running SWG? I been have wife dummping bleach every night but pool is still greenish,and i iam waiting on test FAS-DPD .thanks

I would recommend getting the pool chemicals in balance before hooking up the SWCG. Why you ask? A SWCG does a good job at maintaining chlorine levels but doesn't do the best job at shocking it. You can add a couple of gallons of bleach to bring the chlorine level up quickly, but a SWCG brings it up slowly by it's design limitations. Even if you have a super-chlorinate setting it still has to produce it over a period of time.

greenish... Are you doing the shock procedure? http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/shocking_your_pool

Got pictures?

It is alright to have both a tablet feeder and a SWG. If you do, put the tablet feeder first and the SWG last.

As bobodaclown suggested, it is best to get the pool cleaned up and balanced before starting to use the SWG.

ok thanks,i am offshore till thursday so i have wife putting bleach 2 -3 gals every night,it is starting to get better but still a lil green,and i have the SWG in but wont hook it up till thur. or fri.,thanks ill try to get pics.
On the chlorinator, i have it and was just wanting to leave it hooked up just in case i would need it to help out on these rainy day we r findly getting and maybe vacation days.We are still waiting on test kit so i hope i have it in by thur..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.