Solar powered pump for slide?

Jul 10, 2011
Plano/TX
I have this 6 feet standard slide besides my pool which has the water hookup to keep it wet when sliding.
Now instead of connecting it to my backyard faucet I wonder if there is a way to use pool water by using a small pump powered by solar.
I know you can buy these small solar pumps for fountains but they may not be strong enough to get the water to the top of the slide.

Has anyone seen something like this before?

Thanks
Stefan

To push enough water up 6 feet to use a slide would involve a very big solar panel. It takes a lot of power to raise water and those little fountains wouldn't be able to get anything to the top of the slide, much less a useful amount. You should be able to find a decent plug in pump that could get you what you need. If you have been getting enough water from your spigot then 150-300 gallons per hour should be enough. Home Depot or Lowes probably carries something along those lines.

Welcome to TFP!

While it can certainly be done, it will tend to be expensive. As Donldson said, those tiny toy pumps won't raise water high enough. Because pumps designed for use with solar are rare and there aren't very many different ones made, that pushes you up into quite expensive territory.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.