Bleach on sale at Shoprite this week

Thanks for the heads up. I saw this yesterday too but I have a quick question about the bleach. Does the Shoprite's Ultra Bleach "Regular Scent" contain any fragrance/additives that we're trying to avoid? It's listed ingredients are 6% Sodium-Hypo and 94% other. However Shoprite's Lemon Scent lists the same 6%/94% composition with no mention of fragrance. Anyone know if it's the same things as unscented bleach?

If I remember correctly TFP says to stay away from the "scented" bleaches and stick with regular scent. My apologies if I'm wrong TFP! I do know that I read it somewhere though. I just stocked up on bleach from Menards. .96 cents a jug for 6% sodium hypo.

How often do you all use the bleach in ur pools? Do you use as needed based on testing or is it a weekly type thing??? I posted ystrday and sorry if I am being repetitive. I too was in Shoprite ystrday and was going to stock up but not sure how much to get to last the summer??

Thank you so much!!!

45,000 gallons/concrete pool :)

You would use as needed determined by your testing. You find your target FC on the CYA/Chlorine Chart in Pool School and strive to keep your FC level there. If you do that, your usage will be minimal and you should never have to go through the shock process again... in a perfect world. ;)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Not sure if you found the Pool Calculator (in Pool School)yet, but it is quite the tool for figuring how much of a product you will need to get you from your current levels to your target levels. Check it out... just plug your pool's water capacity in the top box and then find the product you need to add, put in your current level, your target level and hit calculate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.