Best Pool DE Filter For The Money?

joe123

Dec 8, 2007
Hello.

Without getting into a relegious war :-D, what is the BEST DE Filter for the Money in your opinion?

I am looking at the Pentair Quad DE 100 filter and was wondering if there are better choices as far as initial costs and maintenance costs (like cartridge replacements, etc).

Or would 2 smaller DE filters be better? Can this even be done running them in parrallel or serially?

Or would 2 smaller DE filters be better? Can this even be done running them in parrallel or serially?

While I've never known of anyone to do it, I've always thought running a sand filter followed by a DE filter would be a good fit if you just HAD to have the shiniest water on the planet.

The sand filter would take care of the coarse stuff and is easily backwashed and maintained. Because the water into the DE is pre-filtered, maintenance and backwash on the DE would be cut down maybe ten-fold or more.

Again, I hope one of ya'll will do it and post your results. It's a pretty big outlay of money but, if you just HAD to have it, I think the results might be very gratifying.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.