Droid App - Wrote my Own

Hi All,

SimplePool (Lite) was released on the Android Market today.
This is a free, limited version, of SimplePool that will never expire.
Note, due to technical reasons, there is no upgrade path from the beta version to the released version.
Unfortunately, if you need to transfer data, it must be done manually.
Next week, I will release SimplePool (Pro.)
This version will be a paid app and contain more functionality then the Lite version.
You can update from the free version to the paid version anytime.

Please check out www.simplepool.net for more info.

Thanks for all your feedback and help.

Sincerely,

-Ken-

Hi All,

Just a quick update that SimplePool (Pro) has been released to the Android Market.
This version is functionally equivilent to the BETA version (except that it will not expire and that it is a paid app.)

As with SimplePool (Lite), there is no upgrade path from the BETA versions to the released versions. As such, any data you collected in the BETA version must be manually transfered to either SimplePool (Lite) or (Pro.)

Important: The BETA version will expire on 3/1/2012 and it will not be reenabled

Note, if you use SimplePool (Lite) and subsequently decide to upgrade to the Pro version, your data will be retained.

I will continue to update/upgrade SimplePool over the next few months... I have a few really cool ideas for it!

Since this software is now considered commercial software, I must comply with TFP's usage policy. As such, I am limited as to how I discuss this software on public forums. Although I can respond to direct questions, please direct support issues to me via PM, or one of a number of methods listed on my website.

I want to personally thank everyone on this forum for their feedback and suggestions regarding SimplePool. Had I never found TFP, I would not have been inspired to write this app.

Sincererly,

-Ken-

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
scvpoolguy said:
Just wondering if there are any plans for an iphone app?
From previously in this thread:
JasonLion said:
I believe that you are referring to The Pool Calulator for iPhone from pSiFlow Technology.
It is not this "simplepool" app, but it is the poolcalculator.com as an app which should be excellent (I use poolcalculator, but do not have and iphone).

I have received 3 reports that people wit nexus devices are recieving incompatibility messages. I have an open support ticket with Google regarding this problem. Wh
en i hear back, I will contact you directy with their reply.

Thanks, Ken

SUCCESS!
[s:rflkhxte]Thanks! If you want to send me the file, I can side load it and verify that it works properly. I'm certain it will...[/s:rflkhxte]

Edit #1:
I tried a widely posted hack to overcome this problem, no joy. But when I went to the app in a browser, I noticed something interesting:

Code:
This app is compatible with some of your devices.
X  Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus - This item is not compatible with your device.
√  Samsung Galaxy Nexus
√  Verizon Motorola Droid

So apparently the entry for "Samsung Galaxy Nexus" is not the same as "Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus" I'm going to hack a bit more.

Edit #2:
Success! I followed these instructions:
How to Install Incompatible, Unsupported Apps from Android Market

But with these tweaks:
  • Used ES file manager instead of the link provided in the instructions[/*:m:rflkhxte]
  • Used the following data in build.prop file
    Code:
    ro.product.model=Nexus S
    ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
    ro.build.fingerprint=google/soju/crespo:2.3.4/GRJ22/121341:user/release-keys
    [/*:m:rflkhxte]
  • Edited build.prop, rebooted.[/*:m:rflkhxte]
  • Stopped Google Market/Play, cleared data, rebooted again.[/*:m:rflkhxte]
  • Pushed app to phone from Google Market on the PC[/*:m:rflkhxte]

After the push, my phone started downlaoding/installing automatically and It works like a champ!

Google market on my PC now looks like this:
Code:
This app is compatible with All of your devices.
√  Samsung Nexus S
√  Samsung Galaxy Nexus
√  Verizon Motorola Droid

Edit #3 (4/15):
Upgraded to pro after hacking phone. It ported the data and runs just fine. Clearly this is just a problem where the phone is reporting a string that is not recognized as valid by the Google market. Great app.

Sweet- Thanks for the update!! Synching is a good thing.

Question- Is there a way to have the data available for review on a PC as well? Would be nifty to get the measurements logged into the phone, and later review on the PC. Even just a basic export to csv format or something?

Database backup and export will be in the next release. With regards to reviewing or modifying data on a pc, technically, it is possible, but a web UI would need to be created. To be completely honest, I have my hands full with maintaining the Android code . Maybe at some point in the future, but not until I exhaust what I want to do with this app.

-Ken-

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.