Droid App - Wrote my Own

kenmar

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 13, 2009
Schnecksville, PA
Hi All,

Based upon the rules, I believe this post is legal.
guidelines-for-posts-by-people-who-are-in-the-industry-t15260.html

The few existing pool maintenence Android apps did not do what I was looking for.
I wanted one that supported the BBB philosphy as well as had functionality similiar to Jasons fantastic PoolCalculator.

Since none existed, I wrote my own.

This is BETA software. There is much more work to be done to complete it.

I am hoping there are some people out there who would be willing to give it a try and provide me some feedback.,
The app is called Simple Pool and can be downloaded from the Android Marketplace.
http://market.android.com/details?id=ne ... SimplePool

As this is beta software, some functionality may be incomplete or be buggy.
Additionaly, you sould know that this software will expire 8/1/2011.

If you are willing to give it a try and provide feedback, It would be very much appreciated.

Please address any comments regarding support, suggestions, or bug reports directly to me (and not on this forum.)

I hope some of you find it useful.

Again, this is beta software, it is not complete, use at your own risk.

CURRENT SUGGESTIONS AND STATUS
* Fix SWG advice calc = Complete

* Complete additional info for remaining levels = Complete

* Complete the effective change for all adjustment levels = Complete

* Calc CSI/LSI index = Complete

* Add ability to set own level ranges = Complete

* Assume last measurement is good = Complete

######## New in Beta 1.9.3 (8/12/2011) Release ########

* Add effects of adjustments to graphs = Complete

* Remember what chemical/vol, was used last (and default the adjustment screen to that) = Complete

* Show measurements in some sort of table. = Complete

* When viewing a records list, can you add a confirmation for record delete. = Complete

* On the graph screen add a "back" button to bring you back to the "Charting Options" screen = Complete

* Table of results. = Complete

* Add ability to configure multiple pools - = Complete

* Backup/Sync data = Complete

######## Open Items ###########

* Add metric conversion - Open

* Email pool test results - Open

* Create button to show shock levels - Open

* When editing/viewing records, can you add "Previous" & "Next" buttons to cycle through the records

* On the graph screen, can you make it so when I tap a data point it opens that record?

* Add Bromine and a saitization method.

* Log pump presure and flow rate

* Incorporate use of Sodium Thiosulfate

* Inventory feature (chems, etc)

* Pool cost collector.

* Show suggestions in additional units (not only oz)

Sincerely,

-Ken-

Hi dremin2flyhi,

As the range for salt levels are SWG vendor specific, you must first configure the vendor reccomended ranges in the the "Defaults" on the main screen.
Next, you must measure your water and record your levels.... then, the "Advice" should give you accurate suggestions.
The 'Advice" will always report based on the last levels recorded.

What was you salt range set at and what did you measure?

-Ken-

Ken,

in the Defaults I set-- min to 3200 max to 3500

Measure I put in 3200 -- then under the suggestions /advice screen it is showing the Rec Level as correct from 3200 to 3500

then in your level I have 3200 that was entered from the measure screen..

Which SDK/ ADK version are you using to build this app ??? I have played around with some --but haven't become proficient yet...

I do know Open PCS and other Logic controller software.

Ken,

Very welcome.. glad to help out.. I know writing thousands of lines of code is no fun.. Some days I sit at my desk running debug mode for hours on end on some things I do. Durn semi colons and hyphens and global assignments kill me...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
dremin2flyhi,

Thanks! I have been a developer for 17 years. Ya know what I just realized? The importance of good copy/ paste skills. The code is similar for all the different chem levels, so I copied it... my mistake was that I did not update a variable. I left it as the calcium hardness range instead of the salt range.

Thanks again!

-Ken-

A minor nit:

I told it my FC was 3 and CC was .5 and in the advice section, it said my FC was 2.5 and CC .5 Seems to relabel the FC as TC.

I don't think it should suggest raising CH if the pool type is liner.

A huge thank you for the ap!!!!!!!

Scott

Thanks Scott,

Good catch with the TC/FC mixup, i will fix it ASAP.
Regarding the CH (and others levels), currently, if you dont report a measurement for that level, the app assumes 0.
I am debating the best way to handle when a measurement is not taken...
- Assume the last valid measurement still applies?
- Assume the last measurement was invalid (and dont provide advice)
- Allow the user to globally ingore certain measurements.

Note, this also has an impact on how the graphs are displayed.
Since most people dont measure CYA every time they test there pool, should the graph show a "sawtooth", dropping to 0 everytime they dont measure, or should it assume the last recorded measurement for that lavel is still valid?

Thanks again,

-Ken-

Yes, FC=TC-CC. Some kits measure FC and CC, other kits measure FC and TC.

I would assume that if nothing is entered the value is the same as last time. There is some value to globally ignoring certain tests, but that seems more like an advanced setting, and not something that should be done easily or by default when nothing is entered.

May have been my error WRT the TC-FC issue. At least in the latest code, I saw it said TC but may have thought it said FC in the previous code. If there was no change there, I brain faulted. If you did change something, thanks!

I'd like to see a CSI and/or LSI index.

Please add the ability to set my own targets, similarly to what the pool calc allows. If I want to set up a low pH bath...

Scott

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.