Droid App - Wrote my Own

My copy crashes when I try to make the graph with the start date equal to the first test date - I think that is the condition.
I was able to reproduce this crash, it will be fixed in the nex release.

I suggest you include some level goals for common special situations.
I will add to the wish list

Example: Trying to get TA to a particular level.

I am trying to lower my TA so my pH is 7.1 and my TA 110 and it will say to add soda ash to bring the pH up to 7.4 AND add acid to bring pH to 7.5 and aerate.

Is there a pool calculator to just calculate how much to add to a pool to get to a desired level regardless of test results?
If your pool is configured in "Defaults", you can just play with the "Adjustments" screen. It will tell you the effect the chemical will have on your pool.. For example, adding X of 5.25% bleach will raise your FC by Y.

What does total dissolved solids mean when there is salt at 3400 ppm? Leslie's only tests to 2500 ppm.
Simple Pool is just tracking it. Its not really using it for any calcs.

Future options to consider in the next version.

1. Cost tracker. Enter your cost of your chemicals and keep track of what is added so you know how much you are spending on various chemicals per month or whatever.
This is on my list for two releases from now.

2. Tie in to Google Shopper or Amazon to show you the best local or internet prices on the chemicals you are using.
I will think about it, but my first thought is that it is too far from my original goal of this project.

3. Link to TapaTalk and troublefreepool.com
Like a url link? Something like Additional Resources?

4. Button to take a picture with the camera and store it with data. Document that algae for all time!
This is doable, but it wont happen soon.

5. Sudoko game button. ... Just kidding.
Maybe!, I have been asking my kids for ideas for an easter egg!

By the way, thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it

-Ken-

kenmar said:
3. Link to TapaTalk and troublefreepool.com
Like a url link? Something like Additional Resources?

http://www.tapatalk.com/

"Tapatalk is a mobile solution for online communities, empowering discussion forums with moblie access since 2009."

Get the Tapatalk App for:

Supported Forum System:

IPBoard
Kunena
vBulletin MyBB
SMF
phpBB This is the forum app used by troublefreepool.com!!

XenForo

I've got a Motorola Cliq, and if I'm in portrait mode the Defaults button is not visible.

It would be nice if the Advice screen gave recommendations in other units oz, of bleach doesn't translate easily into gallons or bottles.

It would be nice to be able to backup the data to computer, it would also be useful to be able to sync two phones so that both me an my wife could add measurements for the same pool.

I've got a Motorola Cliq, and if I'm in portrait mode the Defaults button is not visible.

I have fixed this. I will be in the next update.

It would be nice if the Advice screen gave recommendations in other units oz, of bleach doesn't translate easily into gallons or bottles.

Agreed, I just have to figure out how to best program it. I will add it to the wish list.

It would be nice to be able to backup the data to computer, it would also be useful to be able to sync two phones so that both me an my wife could add measurements for the same pool.

This is doable and on my list of things to do. The problem is that it requires Android 2.2. Right now, SimplePool is written targetting Android 2.1

I've been looking at this app for a few days and hope to use it when my pool is finished being built next month.

The only items I'm somewhat curious on:
a) no place to put/monitor pump pressure? So, I know when to clean out DE Filter
b) likewise, if the app ever gets pool supply management, having it know how much DE to keep on hand and put in
c) we're installing an intellichem that will automatically dump small amounts muriatic acid when ph exceeds defined thresholds (I'm not sure how frequently it checks)...but I'm thinking this is something the app doesn't know about.

Hi MattM

I Will add recording pump pressure to the todo list.

At some point, I will have have the ability to record an inventory of supplys on hand

Regarding the intellchem acid dosing... you are correct, the app does not know about that.

Thanks for checking the app out, I really appreciate the feedback,

All,

I have released a new version of SimplePool. (it should be availalbe on the Android Market shortly.)

The changes are as follows:
- Now supports multiple pools
- buttons on main screen have been enlarged and standardized
- prevent setting adjustments until pool is setup.
- fixed "force close" crash when trying to view chart with no data.
- Prevent viewing charts or data with invalid date range
- fix PH title on advice screen
- Advice suggestion will now display "Innsuficient data" if no measurements taken.
- Added "record saved... mesages where approprioate.
- Deleting pool deletes all related pool history
- Fixed scrolling/clipping issues when rotating main screen
- validate adjustment entries

IMPORTANT
BETA Expires 12/1/2011

This will likely be the last release of the BETA SimplePool app.
In the near future, I will release a "Free" and a "Pro" version of this app.
You will be able to upgrade from the free version to the pro version.

Unfortunately, there is no upgrade path from the beta version.
You will need to manually migrate your data from the beta version to the free or pro version.

I appreciate all the comments, feedback, and suggestions you have provided during the beta period.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice job on the app Ken!!!

I just started using it, and I like it (though I have only done 2 tests so far, so I am sure I will like it more as I use it more).

I think I saw this mentioned somewhere previous in this thread, but one aspect that jumped out at me is the Measure tab asking for TC and CC. I do not believe these are a common combination...OTO tests only for TC, DPD tests for FC and TC, and FAS-DPD (my fav) tests for FC and CC. I can see this is easy to get around, since when a pool is in control CC should be less than 0.5 ppm, so FC is ~TC in that case, but it would be nice to have a choice for which of the three combinations above a user is using/prefers.

Not sure if you are supporting this anymore, though I think the expiration date is now set for 2/1/2012...and that is coming soon? It would be nice to extend that time, since I am finally enjoying your work :p

Thanks again!

Expired today here too -- Last I heard from Ken he was working on building a website to support the app when it came out of beta...hopefully someone hears some news back soon...truly essential app.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.